Yabu Pushelberg Award for Innovation in Interior Design
The DFZ is proud to facilitate the Yabu Pushelberg Award for Innovation in Interior Design. Funded through the generous support of RSID alumni George Yabu and Glenn Pushelberg, with matching funding from the Brookfield Institute and Ryerson University, the award will provide one 3rd or 4th year Ryerson interior design student with $6,000 to take their project from ideation to the prototyping stage and to promote the greatest degree of innovative thought in Interior Design. Funding will be made available to the award winner in the spring of 2018 to undertake his/her project in the summer months.
To be eligible for this award, students must:
- Be registered as a full-time undergraduate student (4 billing units) in the 3rd or 4th year in the School of Interior Design at Ryerson University.
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 and be in clear academic standing.
Project application submitted per Design Fabrication Zone application requirements, along with a one-page brief outlining how the project best demonstrates innovation in interior design. Faculty members from the School of Interior Design can also nominate a student for the Award by submitting a one-page letter of support.
The project application and brief/letter of support will be assessed and weighted based on the following factors:
- Proposed Interior Design Innovation/Entrepreneurship: 30%
- Clarity of ideas developed (with reference to the driving RSID undergraduate course/investigation) and project samples: 30%
- Compelling new research, creative and/or prototyping direction: 30%
- Overall presentation: 10%
A completed application must include:
- Project Application
- Portfolio Visual Submission of 2 School projects in pdf format (1MB max each)
- One-page brief or letter of support from faculty member
Award Announcement: Wednesday, February 21, 2018
Application Deadline: Monday, March 12, 2018
Winner announcement: Friday, March 30, 2018
Applications should be submitted at here.
All inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
SELECTION AND ADMINISTRATION
The selection committee will be comprised of at least three representatives from Ryerson University. They will review the applications and prepare a ranked list of qualified Award recipients. The final selection of the recipient will be based on the weighted criteria. If, in the opinion of the of the selection committee, no candidates meet the outlined criteria, the Award shall not be given to any applicant in 2018.